We've just completed all the training and have been certified by the federal government to serve you during Open Enrollment for 2018 Health Insurance.
Open Enrollment this year begins November 1 and ends December 15, 2017.
That's half the time allotted in previous years.
Who needs to act during these 45 days?
- People who want to change their current plan.
- People who may be notified their current plan is not available in 2018.
- People who are receiving premium assistance and must re-certify with the government to continue it.
- People who are receiving premium assistance but will not be eligible in 2018.
- People who have not previously qualified for premium assistance but will in 2018.
- People who may be eligible to form a small group
Blue Cross will notify you if your plan will automatically re-up for 2018. We expect their letters to get to you in the next week or two. And we expect premium increases. If you want to change to a plan with a lower premium, you must do it within the Open Enrollment Period.
Except in clearly defined circumstances, 2018 Affordable Care Act health insurance cannot be bought or changed after December 15, 2017.
If you do not act between November 1 and December 15, you will be stuck with what you have for all of 2018.
We certified as early as we could to help you as early as we could. Please watch our emails. Let us know when you get your letters. We'll be setting up appointments with those clients receiving premium assistance.
We're here to take care of you.
Jerry Pearlstein Rebecca Bloomfield