Qualified Health Insurance Plans in Illinois.
In 2014 all health insurance plans must be Qualified Health Plans under the Affordable Care Act (ACA). This means all health insurance plans must provide Essential Health Benefits in each of the following 10 areas:
- Emergency Services
- Laboratory Services
- Maternity and Newborn Care
- Mental health, substance abuse disorder services and behavioral health treatment
- Prescription drugs
- Habilitative and rehabilitative services and devices
- Preventative and wellness services and chronic disease management
- Ambulatory patient services
- Pediatric services, including oral and vision care
If you currently have your own individual or family health insurance plan in Illinois you’ll immediately see an increase in the benefits of Qualified Health Plans under the Affordable Care Act.
We’re excited at Jerry S. Pearlstein Insurance Ltd. We know the benefits, costs and networks now available. We’re ready to show you how the new benefits work best for your individual and family health insurance under Healthcare Reform. Give us a call. 847-362-8888. No fee. No obligation.
- These Qualified Health Plans must follow established limits on cost-sharing such as deductibles and co-payments.
- The network of healthcare providers – doctors, hospitals, etc. – must meet certain adequacy rules.
- It is not necessary for you to go an Exchange or Marketplace to find a Qualified Health Plan.
Start with an Illinois licensed and insured, federally qualified health insurance agent.
Agents like those at Jerry S. Pearlstein Insurance Ltd. can compare what you have now to what Qualified Health Plan fits you best.